12.6 Trust


Trust. Have you ever thought about the power of this small and simple word? It’s one of the rarest words you use and really mean it. Compare it with love or with hate. How many people have you ever told “I love you” or “I hate you” and you actually meant what you said?
And now think about the sentence “I trust you”. How many people have you ever told this? It’s nothing you just say incidentally; if you say it, you actually mean it.
Trust is a very powerful word. It means to show someone your vulnerability, to ignore the impulse to be strong all the time. You know that he won’t hurt you, so you’ve got the possibility to tell him your feelings and your thoughts. You don’t even have to tell them, sometimes it’s enough to know, that someone would listen to your words.
Imagine the importance of trust. How would the world look like if no one would trust anyone? I don’t want to talk about suspicion and mistrust, now I just want you to think about the inconceivable loneliness. We all take it for granted, but we don’t think about it, what a wonderful present it is to have people around us we can trust. A child trusts his parents, no matter what they do. Then it grows and quite often it starts to doubt. But many children still trust their parents if they are grown up, further they have got their friends who are for many people something like a second family. Parents, brothers, sisters, friends, boyfriends, girlfriends… They all are people we don’t want to miss and I believe that everyone knows one person he trusts.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen